Thursday, January 1, 2009

Looking Forward in 2009

2009 Word for Change:
Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD, Isaiah 1:18
What I know is that the Hebrew view of reasoning together doesn’t end with thinking. The word here is yakach. It means “to decide, to judge, to convince, to reprove, to correct and to be right.” Hebrew cognitive activities always result in tangible actions. Unless there is a change in life, no thought is really complete. In fact, in Hebrew, I don’t know something until it shows up in the way I behave.

2009 Song Verse:
God of everything I see
come create again in me
you were yesterday you will always be
so this take this breath that i breathe
and be the life that I bleed
create again in me

2009 Scripture (personalized):
May God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, grant Me out of the rich treasury of His glory to be strengthened and reinforced with mighty power in my inner man by the Holy Spirit, Himself indwelling my innermost being and personality. May Christ through my faith actually abide in my heart! May I be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love, that I may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints the experience of that love and what is the breadth and length and height and depth of it; That I may really come to know practically, and through experience, the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge without experience; that I may be filled through all my being and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself! ~Ephesians 3:14-19

2009 Goals:
1. Read through the Bible
2. Develop a consistent and quality quiet time with God
3. Memorize the book of James
4. Go on a missions trip
5. That I will learn how to live out Romans 12:18 - that as far as it depends on me, I will leave in peace with everyone
6. To journal/blog at least 3 days a week
7. Discover my place to serve and give back
8. Get into a consistent work out routine
9. Be able to get back into my wedding dress (by losing the freshman 15)

Another year has gone (far too quickly, I might add) and another new one is just beginning. My heart is hopeful and my eyes are focused on what lies ahead and not behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment