Thursday, January 1, 2009

Backwards & Forward

I'm just a little over an hour into this new year - 2009 - and since I'm still awake, I decided to post my first blog in over 3 months. I can't believe it took me this long to get back here, but I've lived life without feeling inspired - at all - to record it. So, I didn't. But a new year - even though it's just another day - brings with it a sense of hope, a feeling of freshness and a desire for the new, as we say good-bye to the old.

I took time today - along with the rest of my family members - to write down some memories and lessons learned from 2008 and goals and such for 2009. I'm keeping all of this, mine and the rest of the family's thoughts, and storing them away until this time next year. And then, before we ring in another new year, we'll read through our 2009 submissions to see just how our year went as compared to what we hoped for, determined to accomplish or dared to dream about. Looking forward already...

Their thoughts are safely tucked away, but I'm recording mine here to constantly remind me of what was on my heart the day before a new year dawned.

No comments:

Post a Comment