Monday, January 5, 2009

Captivating

So, I bought a book at church that was recommended to me in a counseling session last year (so weird to be able to say that about practically everything now, even though it could have been merely days ago that it happened). The book is Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge. I haven't read anything yet by these authors, although I know he writes to the "manly" man Christian. My counselor - who is more tomboy than girlie-girl, like me - highly recommended this book to me because she she's herself and me, and she knows how much this book opened up to her and spoke to her heart. There's been so much going on since our meeting in November that I didn't give the book much thought, until today.

I'm truly embracing this whole "new year" outlook like I never have, and I really want this year to be about growing, learning, and living without regrets. I want to be able to get to the end of 2009 and not be completely glad that it's over. I want to live this year so well that I'm not so willing to see it go because of how good it was. That doesn't mean that I think no bad things are going to happen or that my life will be one big rose parade, instead I want to be able to look back on this year and see that the way I lived through each and every situation was different than how I handled things last year.

I want to look back on 2009 and see Jesus way more than I see myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment