Friday, January 30, 2009

dirty Laundry

"If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." 1 John 1:9

The problem is sometimes I'm unwilling to put my stinky garments in His hamper to be washed. I have favorite sins, like favorite shirts, that I'm resistant to take off. Sometimes, I just wear my sin day in and day out, and the idea of confessing it and asking for grace doesn't even cross my mind. It's like He has a pile of clean clothes ready to go, but I walk right past them.

I read this paragraph from a devotion this morning, and these words resonated with me. It made me wonder how many times I sin [in small ways] and yet never consider asking for forgiveness, for cleansing... to be laundered. It's obvious when I sin in big ways, those that don't go by unnoticed by others. But what about those times when no one sees me or when the infraction is so minute that it even flies by my sin radar?


2 comments:

  1. Piercing, in a way that's okay. A way I can receive right now.

    This morning I put on a clean shirt. Stained it with anger. Took it off. And just put it back on. Sheesssssh.

    Talk about timing, on this blog. Thanks for the reminder to throw it away. Burn it. Do whatever I need to do to stay in His garments.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Switched to Wordpress. It allows you to post both private and public blogs, which lets me keep my diary and my ponderings in the same place.

    New blog address:
    http://coloringlife2009.wordpress.com/

    You will be able to leave comments there. And I will be able to leave comments here, using my Wordpress account. No real adjustment.

    Blessings,
    Coli

    ReplyDelete