Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 5

"What a difference a day makes. 24 little hours..."

That's how I feel today. The last four days have been physically demanding on my body. Between getting through the hardest days of the fast [the first 3-4], starting my period [which is never an easy go 'round] and getting sick, my body felt like it was being put through the ringer.

But, God's mercies are new every morning! And today I feel energized, alert, awake, and physically healthy. No more cramps, no more fatigue, and my head's not full of snot. It's all good!

Needless to say, I haven't spent an inordinate amount of time digging into the deeper of things of God in the past few days. I've been resting, resting, resting. And my physical state made it very hard to focus my brain.

But, God's mercies are new every day! And today I spent the better part of 2 hours getting caught up on blogs that inspire me and encourage me towards God. Some days I just need to "hear" what God is speaking through others and have those words inspire me.

"Part of the change that life propagates is the necessary death of the old, in order to give life to the new." [via Bob Hamp's blog]

This, of course, spoke directly to my heart since God has been overwhelming me with the theme that this new year is, "Out with old. In with the new."

I was also challenged, in another blog, to really think about what it means to have the mind of Christ.

"But it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God’s deep secrets. No one can know a person’s thoughts except that person’s own spirit, and no one can know God’s thoughts except God’s own Spirit. And we have received God’s Spirit, so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us .... But we understand these things, for we have the mind of Christ."
[1 Cor. 2:10-16]

This is inspiration for me. God's Word and his purpose are not a mystery that can't be revealed. He desires to reveal himself if I will dig deep. His Spirit and my spirit know each other. But if I'm not willing to take the time to know him, then a mystery it will all remain.

I know that God has hidden things for me to discover during this fasting period. If I do not purpose to find his treasure, than it will remain hidden.

1 comment:

  1. Purposing to find His treasure. That's something I want to start off this day thinking about. I feel like I'm going on an adventure!

    ReplyDelete