Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Reminded of Manna

"Manna came to mind and the way that God provided exactly enough for each day, but only one day at a time. and they always had enough. they had to trust God and only take what they needed for that day." [crystal lewis]

Sitting in my local Starbucks and the thought crossed my mind, "It's time to go blog reading." I have several people - including you - whose blogs I not only read but look forward to reading because I know I will always glean a bit of wisdom and encouragement from their words.

Your words above resonated as if God had written them just for me. I love how God's Word can do that for each and every person! He is GOOD!

My family and I are living a situation that is not uncommon in today's economy - really difficult financial times! My husband is self-employed and business has been all but scarce since December. Bills are backing up quicker than we can pay them and although his resume is out, businesses aren't exactly in hire mode at the moment. More people are being laid off than hired.

In a prior financial hard time - it's definitely a "seasonal" thing when self-employed, even when not in a recession - God taught us how to TRUST Him and depend on Him for EVERY thing. We went down to the bottom and stayed there for a while - and through much of it (last time) we feared all too often. Our enemy was constantly playing a future home movie of financial brokenness and bleakness, and we watched in fear, believing the enemy's lies instead of trusting in the God we serve. God brought us out of that financial pit in a way ONLY He could! And He is the one who received all the glory and praise - as it should be!

But upon reading your words - God's wisdom - I look back and know that when His rescue came in a BIG way, there were times [probably too many] that we took more than we needed for that day. We had drowned for a year and when abundance came we were not always wise with what we had. THAT IS THE VERY LESSON GOD IS TEACHING US THIS TIME AROUND - AND YOUR WORDS HAVE CONFIRMED IT FOR ME.

This time around, we know that we are walking a road with so many others. Times ARE tough. But, our God is TOUGHER! We have not feared this time, we dot not sit and watch the enemy's movie, our trust was burned in and we know - regardless of the outcome or what we will go through before that outcome is evident - "this too shall pass". And when it passes, we will come forth as Gold!

"Manna came to mind and the way that God provided exactly enough for each day, but only one day at a time. and they always had enough. they had to trust God and only take what they needed for that day."

These words are my gift for today. to carry in my heart and remember. to see God's confirmation of the lesson He put on my heart a few weeks ago, written through someone who doesn't even know me or my situation... BUT GOD DOES!

[this is my comment posted on crystal lewis' blog, but i wanted to remember these words, so i put them here]

1 comment:

  1. I really liked her post! But I gleaned more from your comment about her post.

    Taking enough for today. I really want to think on that.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete