Wednesday, November 4, 2009

HIS Words [8]

Out of my distress, I called upon the Lord; the Lord answered me and set me free and in a large place. Psalm 118:5

As I was reading through the Psalm used as reference for today's D.I.B. blog, I hit verse five and stopped. God broke this verse down for me "just like THAT" and instantly made this applicable to my life.

Out of my distress, I called upon the Lord: Financial downfall [Anthony's business drying up] took its toll beginning in January 2009. For months I cried out to God to save his business and save our home; and then resigned my prayers to, "If Your will is for Anthony to move on and for us to leave this home, then AMEN [so be it]!"

The Lord answered me: By August our home was foreclosed, and Fellowship Technologies developed a Director of Communications job specifically for Anthony. In September, we got offered a few thousand dollars to leave our Bedford home earlier than the legal eviction date and God opened up a home for us in Keller for less rent than our mortgage.

And set me free: Even though foreclosure moved us on, freedom came in releasing our bond to Rachel through a mortgage which still held her name alongside Anthony's.

And in a large place: Not only did God provide us a home for less than our Bedford mortgage, but our home now is twice as big than what we previously owned--when you consider the land, the home, the garage and the pool. ONLY God can do that!

Thank you, Lord, for speaking so clearly this morning and in such a quick and concise way; for revealing your goodness in such a tangible way.

Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good. ~Psalm 118:1

2 comments:

  1. I have a lot to catch up on today. :) Better get some breakfast in me first for energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh, I love quick downloads. Like, all in one second, you understand something and it takes longer to say it (or write it) than it did to receive it.

    ReplyDelete