Friday, December 31, 2010

GOLD: 2010


2010

Journeys. Each one of us is on one whether we participate consciously or not. As God does quite often with me, I was recently hit upside the heart with an idea: in the midst of my journey, as I am exposed to Golden Nuggets (Wisdom Words from God's heart through "You" to me) that I do not want to forget, I am to hold onto them. And so the creation of the GOLD tab was born on my blog. 

"...through our failures and successes God will be made more real." (My Groom) [June 28]

“Honoring your husband isn’t always doing it right, but it is being quick to repent when you know you're wrong and showing intent to change by making steps towards it.” (Ris Star) [June 30]

"When it's hard and you are doubtful, give more." (Francis Chan - Crazy Love) [July 4]

"Never be diplomatic and careful with the treasure God gives you ... this is poverty triumphant." (Oswald Chambers) [July 5]

"The miracle is not always the healing. Many times it's the transformed heart in the process." (Pastor Brady Boyd) [July 5]

"Scripture says we are really free to give everything we don't absolutely need! I  am past asking what we need to give and onto asking what we need to keep." (Coli Jones) [ July 6]

"The power I've given you through prayer is far greater than your ability to earn (by working outside of the home)." God spoke this to my heart when praying about seeking a job. [July 9]

"A miracle is a divine invasion into human affairs. Will you have the courage to wake up every day anticipating an invasion from God?" (Pastor Brady Boyd) [July 13]

"Playfulness is the quality that sees joy in ordinary circumstances and is eager to squeeze even more joy out of any given moment." (Bob Hamp) [July 15]

"Just let me love you." (As You Wish by R. J. Gunn) [July 16]

"It's not so much about whether or not a miracle of this proportion pulls you out of debt, it's about whether or not you believe a miracle like this can still happen. Will you believe for the bigger things and stop doubting what is easy for God to do?" (Holy Spirit to me referencing 2 Kings 4) [July 25]

"Elisha had a double anointing but he still had to walk in it." (Holy Spirit bringing understanding to the critical importance of our part after God's anointing.) [July 28]

"You are never too old to set another goal or dream another dream." (C.S. Lewis) [August 16]

"I shudder to admit this...but the honest and free part of me just won’t let me be silent." (Kerrie Oles) [August 16]

"The only thing worse than thinking He doesn't have the power to do it is thinking He does not have the desire to do it. HE WANTS TO!" (Preston Morrison) [August 17]

"Our brokenness is often inherent: God leaves out certain gifts and abilities on purpose - by design. In the very place God has called you, He will disable something important you think you need so that you see your need for Him." (Pastor Marcus Brecheen) [August 23]

"If He told me to do it … He’s not only going to hold my hand, He is going to rest His presence on it … it would have the ability to minister and bear fruit in others' lives" (Ris Star) [August 25]

"Make it your ambition and definitely endeavor to live quietly and peacefully, to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we charged you." (I Thessalonians 4:11) [August 25]

"Being rested makes room for BIG dreams." (Kyle Fox) [September 6]

"He has a plan and a purpose for you and your husband, and He just asks you to trust Him as you continue to lay down your life to demonstrate godly, unconditional love to your spouse. Allow God to write out your story. Don’t give up before you get to the good part. It is coming." (Rebecca Gates) [September 27]

"Expertise in human effort does not win a spiritual battle." (Pastor Bob Hamp) [September 28]

"Have you ever considered the possibility that God has placed you with aggravating people to do something in you? God is not going to take you out of the tension of relationships until He has fully formed and shaped what He wants to do inside your heart. God will use messy people to clean up our messes. There is no path to spiritual maturity that does not include our relationships with other people." (Pastor Brady Boyd) [October 1]

"Love that cannot be vanquished and sent running because of hate and persecution. Peace that cannot be dispersed by the chaos of darkness. Joy that cannot be diminished by light and temporary afflictions." (Pastor Bob Hamp) [October 4]

"Hope when it seems silly. Love when no one else does. Be radically inhabited." (Pastor Bob Hamp) [October 4]

"My soul, wait only upon God and silently submit to Him; for my hope and expectation are from Him." (Psalm 62-5) [October 12]

"The capacity for love that you don’t possess on your best day in the flesh is waiting to be poured into you in His presence.” (Holy Spirit to me) [October 12]

"You will enrapture me - diffusing my soul with joy - with and in Your presence." (Acts 2:28) [October 14]

"Love will touch their hearts but prayer will open their spirits." (Pastor Sameh Maurice) [October 17]

"I came to a place where ... my faith and heart no longer rested on a good outcome. I believed ... my faith had somehow changed. I knew that no matter what happened my God is who He says He is. Somehow my faith wasn’t dependent on my circumstances anymore." (Melissa Aulds) [October 20]

"If the enemy can get you to side step the Mighty Love of God just long enough to make you doubt your Father’s intent or love or ability, then he has you a hop, skip and a jump from deflating your own faith. And the more counsel you ingest by way of fear, the more you will find your ears dull to God’s words and your will limp to do as He asks." (Kate Andre) [October 21]

"Now don’t misunderstand me, God uses people (this we know), but He wants us to turn our hearts towards Him and seek His help before we just automatically look to others or try to do it on our own." (Celeste Barnard) [October 29]

"Grace is what I crave most when my guilt is exposed. The very thing I am hesitant to extend when confronted with the guilt of others - especially when their guilt has robbed me of something I consider valuable. When we are on the   receiving end, grace is refreshing. When it is required of us, it is often disturbing. But when correctly applied, it seems to solve just about everything." (Andy Stanley) [November 8]

"If you are facing an impossible situation today, do not lose heart. You are perfectly poised for a miracle. Look up to Jesus." (Pastor Christine Caine) [November 16]

"If you will change your mind then God will change your heart." (Pastor Robert Morris) [November 20]

"Tears are simply the heart’s language when words aren’t enough." (Pam Mueller) [November 22]

"If I offer what I have with faith, God will add His compassion and supernatural power to provide more than enough." (Pam Mueller) [November 22]

"Remember that it is always safe to obey my voice, Much-Afraid, even if it seems  to call you to paths which look impossible or even crazy." (The Shepherd to Much-Afraid from Hinds' Feet on High Places) [November 23]

"Obey Irrationally and Give Extravagantly ... Don't increase your standard of living, increase your standard of giving." (Craig Groeschel) [December 5]

"The journey is about trusting God for every moment; not with a lack of wisdom but with reckless abandon." Pastor Brady Boyd [Dec 5]

"Restoring a person is more important than the fact that you're 'right'." (Crista Ashworth) [December 5]

"It's not to take [from] us but to take us [to] another level of giving." (Holy Spirit's words to me during the weekend message at Gateway) [December 5]

"God's promises are so much bigger than our enemy's strategy to defeat them. Standing on the his promise and believing it will be fulfilled." Me [Dec 9]

"To identify with the death of Jesus Christ means that we must die to everything that was never a part of him." Oswald Chambers [Dec 10]

"Conditional love seems to be part of everyone’s DNA. Unconditional love, the kind that allows hope to renew wounded hearts and damaged emotions, seems nonexistent." (Kathy Jimerson, Destiny in Bloom) [December 17]

"I think the truth is that anytime you begin to relentlessly and passionately pursue closer fellowship with God, it rocks other people's boats." Melissa Aulds [Dec 31]

No comments:

Post a Comment