Monday, July 25, 2011

Deconstructing My Brain

"Lord, I know if I change my mind, you will change my heart in time." Waiting Room lyric [Shane Barnard]


The Human Brain from Geoff Schultz on Vimeo.

Don't pick on people, jump on their failures, criticize their faults--unless, of course, you want the same treatment. That critical spirit has a way of boomeranging. It's easy to see a smudge on your neighbor's face and be oblivious to the ugly sneer on your own. Do you have the nerve to say, "Let me wash your face for you," when your own face is distorted by contempt? It's this whole traveling road-show mentality all over again, playing a holier-than-thou part instead of just living your part. Wipe that ugly sneer off your own face, and you might be fit to offer a washcloth to your neighbor.
Matthew 7:1-5 The Message

From a conversation I had yesterday comes the three God-reminders above.

One encourages.
One helps scientifically explain.
One just tells me like it is.

"Our broken places fought." This line was not meant to be the point of a blog I read this morning by Marissa Star, but it was exactly what God had written for me. It made so much sense to me.

When I asked God later [in my prayer closet] what is broken in me that seeks out the broken places of others to try to change them, He responded, "You are still looking for [him] to satisfy you." Meaning --> you are not looking to ME.

Then he reminded me of the verse in Matthew 6: Seek ME first and MY righteousness ... and all these things will be added to you. When I add it to what I read next {Matthew 7:1-5}, I understand God's admonition (authoritative counsel or warning).

I strive to change the things I cannot, instead of seeking the change that is the catalyst for all these things.

Got it, FatherGod!

No comments:

Post a Comment