Friday, July 21, 2006

My Journal Stones

It's always important to leave a stone behind in life -- not to find your way back -- but to help you treasure where you have journeyed with the Lord. (phrase "borrowed" from my Coli)

My stones are the blogs I write about my life; the emotions I go through; what impacts me; and how the Lord works in and through me. By leaving these journal stones I can always look back and see what God has done.

Sometimes and Always -- by Me
Sometimes I am amazed at how easily I lose faith in the God that I serve.
Sometimes I am amazed at how easily I am discouraged by situations that are beyond me and my control.
Sometimes I am amazed at how easily my focus is taken off of God's Sovereignty and instead captured by people.
Sometimes I am amazed at how hard it is to trust in my God who has never let me down; never let me go.
Sometimes I am amazed in the fickleness of my emotions.
Sometimes I am amazed at how easily my heart becomes divided between extreme faith and extreme doubt.

BUT

I am always amazed at how God sees me, in spite of how I see myself.
I am always amazed at how God uses circumstances to get my attention.
I am always amazed at how God draws me to Himself despite the stubbornness of my heart.
I am always amazed at how God is patient with me, giving me just enough space to recognize my need for Him.
I am always amazed at how quickly God will answer my cries to Him, even when I put distance between us.
I am always amazed at how the God who created the universe knows every thought of mine before I think it; every word I'll say before I say it; every thing I'll do before I do it.

AND

I will continually be amazed at how God... who knows me better than I know myself... who sees my heart for what it really is and not what I try to pretend it to be... loves me in ways that I will never understand until I stand before Him.

Search me, oh God, and know my heart, test me and know my thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. ~ Psalm 139:23-24

No comments:

Post a Comment