Wednesday, June 21, 2006

A Surreal Moment

Last night I was sitting at Carrow's with my mom, dad and my kids eating a really late dinner because Alec's baseball practice for All Stars had gone pretty late. It's ironic how moments can almost stop time. My mom's cell phone rang and within seconds we knew that something was terribly wrong. My mom had just received the news that her brother, my Uncle Billy, had died... and died by his own hand.

I can't really write about what went through my head at that point... I don't know if I even remember. All I rememer is that my focus was on getting the check so that my mom wouldn't have to sit in the booth of a restaurant to process this news.

The next couple hours were spent making phone calls to my sister and brothers and niece... trying to help my mom while she was making the phone calls to others who had more information....

This morning my mom and dad drove out to Arizona to deliver the news to my grandmother in person. My prayers are with all of them... this will not be easy news to hear.

"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in shadow of the God Almighty (El Shaddai)." ~ Psalm 91:1

No comments:

Post a Comment