Thursday, May 18, 2006

From "Help Me" to "I'll Choose"

"Hallelujah... Hallelujah. Whatever's in front of me, help me to sing Hallelujah.
Hallelujah... Hallelujah. Whatever's in front of me, I'll choose to sing Hallelujah"

From the very first time I heard the chorus of this song, I was moved by the simple, yet poignant, transition in the verb usage from the first line to the second. Bethany Dillon very accurately pens in her lyrics the necessary step in moving from asking for the Lord's help in praising Him for whatever lies ahead, to the Believer making a conscious choice to praise the Lord for all that lies ahead in life.

As Christians we have access to our awesome God 24/7... and He's always faithfully to listen to our prayers and help us. But as we grow in our spiritual maturity and our faith grows deeper, we begin to understand that we have so many choices in life that God can't make for us....

The choice to life joyfully or sorrowfully
The choice to forgive or hold a grudge
The choice to move ahead or fall behind
The choice to live in freedom or stay in bondage
The choice to laugh or cry
The choice to smile or frown
And we also have the choice to Praise the Lord (sing Hallelujah) for whatever God allows and purposes in our lives, or we can blame God and let life defeat us.

What's your choice???????

No comments:

Post a Comment