Monday, May 29, 2006

Dirt & Dirt Bikes

Dirt Bike Riding... that's what we did yesterday! Nope, this pic isn't of me (pic not posted here)... I only wish I were that daring on a bike! I'm still, what I would call, in the beginner's category of riding. I love going fast on an open road and will open the bike up into 5th gear on a straight-away, but there's something a bit scary about taking hills and catching air that keeps me in the "safety first" zone -- and I'll be the first to tell ya that "safety first" is not usually my motto!

I don't know why it is but the fear of falling and gashing open my arm or breaking a leg keeps me from going all crazy-wild on the bike. It's the one thing I've done where I can honestly say that the word safe is a constant presence in the forefront of my mind - instead of being the word that is always thrown out the window in the name of all-out-fun!

The only thing I can think of is that God knows if I lost my sense of 'safe' on a dirt bike then I'd be done for -- I'd be the first in our group to have to take a trip to the hospital -- and that's the last place where I want to be. So for now, I will enjoy the speed on the flat road and just suck up the comments from the peanut gallery about how I ride "like a girl". I guess sometimes when you're a girl... it's okay to be a girl!

OOOHHH! I forgot! I did do something a bit out of the girl box.... I finally rode the 2-stroke dirt bike and got to feel what true power is in a bike. Albeit, I wasn't the only one - Bexy and Foxy rode it too! Yeah for girl power! See David... even girls can ride a 2-stroke and get it out of 1st gear!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment