Monday, April 3, 2006

Moses and the Lamb

I saw before me what seemed to be a crystal sea mixed with fire. And on it stood all the people who had been victorious over the beast and his statue and the number representing his name. They were all holding harps that God had given them. And they were singing the song of Moses, the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb:

"Great and marvelous are your actions, Lord God Almighty. Just and true are your ways, O King of the nations." Who will not fear, O Lord, and glorify your name?For you alone are holy.All nations will come and worship before you, for your righteous deeds have been revealed." Revelation 15:1-4

While believers stand in this world, in times of trouble, as upon a sea of glass mingled with fire, they may look forward to their final deliverance, while new mercies call forth new hymns of praise. The more we know of God's wonderful works, the more we shall praise his greatness as the Lord God Almighty, the Creator and Ruler of all worlds; but his title of Emmanuel, the King of saints, will make him dear to us. Who that considers the power of God's wrath, the value of his favour, or the glory of his holiness, would refuse to fear and honour him alone? His praise is above heaven and earth. (Commentary Notes)

As I sat here tonight, I was determined to not let my attitude of this day be the final thought that I went to sleep with. So I turned to God's Word, the one thing I should have held close to me today and yet neglected... I paid the price with a discouraged soul -- and I can't help but think of those who walked my day with me and yet reaped not one benefit of being with me.
God is ALWAYS faithful to minister to me when I reach out to Him -- no matter how late I am in my reaching...

Did I start out seeking verses out of Revelation? No, I probably would have chosen something from the Book of Psalms to minister to me. But God always has a way of getting me to rise above ME and see HIM. What better way to remind me of who He is?

No comments:

Post a Comment