Thursday, October 13, 2011

Casting Cares

This blog showed up in my email inbox just as I was beginning to seriously feel completely overwhelmed by too much life, too many circumstances, and too many decisions ... all pouring in within the past five days. Coincidence? I don't believe in coincidence.

The moment we are able to finally let go and let God work is one of the most liberating and peaceful moments we will ever find ourselves in.
Today as I opened my inbox, and looked at the number of questions and issues that I had to deal with, I seriously had a moment where I thought, "This is all too overwhelming, too demanding, too time consuming, and altogether too much."
Then I breathed and remembered that God was not waiting on me to do, decide, or handle it all; He wanted me to trust Him in the midst of it all. For when I am weak, He is strong, and when I am at the end of myself, I can totally lean into, trust, and rely on Him. When I don't know what to do HE DOES. When my heart is overwhelmed I am led to the rock that is Higher than I. This isn't a nice theory, but is an available reality to us all.
We can know in our heads that we can cast our care on Him for He cares for us, or we can allow it to permeate the very fabric of our being and actually believe it in our hearts...and then do it.
So today I have decided to practice what I preach and "cast my care." And you know what? I now feel that I can face any giant and scale any wall. It is not because anything externally has changed, but because I have chosen to lift my gaze off my circumstances and inadequacies and instead to "fix my eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith." He has our back.
Try casting your cares on Him today, for He does care for you. [Christine Caine]
It's God. Knocking on my heart. Reminding me that He knows, in the midst of when the whole of who I am is beginning to feel the weight of everything.

Casting the [c]whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, [d]once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you [e]watchfully.(B)
    8Be well balanced (temperate, sober of mind), be vigilant and cautious at all times; for that enemy of yours, the devil, roams around like a lion roaring [[f]in fierce hunger], seeking someone to seize upon and devour.
    9Withstand him; be firm in faith [against his onset--rooted, established, strong, immovable, and determined], knowing that the same ([g]identical) sufferings are appointed to your brotherhood (the whole body of Christians) throughout the world.
    10And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace [Who imparts all blessing and favor], Who has called you to His [own] eternal glory in Christ Jesus, will Himself complete and make you what you ought to be, establish and ground you securely, and strengthen, and settle you.
    11To Him be the dominion (power, authority, rule) forever and ever. Amen (so be it).
1 Peter 5:7-11

1 comment:

  1. "Coincidence? I don't believe in coincidence."

    This line soaked deep into me. It made me wonder how many moments we experience on a day-to-day basis are arranged by God, for us - for our refreshment and strengthening. How many do we miss? Surely He is bigger than just one interaction. We praise Him for the one. But if we were willing, would we be more overwhelmed by His care for us than our concerns?

    You really started something here, bestie. Love you dearly!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete