Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Healing, Part #1

I've been on somewhat of a Brady Boyd/New Life Church podcast overload during the past few weeks. Messages from various pastors have always been a part of my walk with Jesus, but lately these messages are an integral part of teaching for me.

Currently, I'm over half-way through a 14 week series on the Supernatural, and I going to purpose to document the parts of the messages that really grabbed me (so that my furious note-taking won't be in vain or forgotten).

Over the July 4th weekend, I listened to two messages on healing. Here are my highlights:

  • Jesus wants to enter into our suffering and heal us just as he did when he was on earth. He is as much a healer today as he was when he lived.
  • Question: If Jesus heals, then why isn't everyone healed? We are caught between the chasm of Jesus settling the issue of the kingdom by taking the keys from Satan, but all facets of kingdom living will not be fulfilled until he returns. Basically, only in heaven will there be a complete lack of pain and suffering. (Revelation 21:1)
  • Our western culture/mindset leaves us no room for pain and discomfort. We want to live the Christian life without suffering and that's just not part of Jesus' promise. We're the only country in the world that expects a walk that's easy and without sacrifice.
  • What you ask from God reveals what you believe about Him. (Will you ask for the big things, or do you not believe your big prayers can be answered?)
Lastly, the biggest "A-ha" moment for me was this: One should always carry a hope for healing but heaven should never be treated as the consolation prize if healing does not occur; it is the prize. Hope for healing AND hope for heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment