Sunday, July 12, 2009

God Be Praised!

You saved my life from death
I was all but defeated
You spoke Your promises
And brought life to my weakness
Came as a conquering King
And You warred for my freedom
My soul can't help but sing... Hallelujah

You opened up my eyes
For the first time I saw You
Your love commanding life
And deserving devotion
You told me who I am
Now in faith I believe it
My soul can't help but sing... Hallelujah

You've made a place for me
Silenced all my accusers
Leading me forth with peace
Filled with Joy I will follow
Your cross demands my life
Now Your grace is my anthem
My soul can't help but sing... Hallelujah

Hallelujah!
We're redeemed and made free.
By the blood of the Lamb we have won.
Hallelujah!
We will sing victory.
Jesus conquered the grave.
God be praised!
This is a brand new song that was introduced during worship this weekend. It's a song written by David and Alena Moore and sung first at the High School and Jr. High summer camps. Alec came home and told me of a new song they learned while at camp that had just been written a week prior. He loved the song and told me it was the anthem for their week. After hearing it today, I can understand why.

God invaded my worship in a huge way this morning. We walked in late, as I Am Free was being wrapped up, and then the music started for God Be Praised. I was immediately consumed by the overwhelming presence of God and felt my heart impressed to just be still...let the song be sung over me. Since I didn't know it and would have had to read the lyrics to follow along, I simply closed my eyes and soaked in the song.

I cannot say exactly why this song spoke so strongly to me or why God chose to fall on me so heavily. All I can say is... it did and He did. Tears poured from me; from what felt like the very core of my soul. I wasn't feeling burdened or anxious or stressed or scared. I can only say that it felt like God was cleaning me with my tears from the inside out. releasing whatever I'd been holding on to and maybe didn't even recognize. relieving my soul and refreshing my spirit.

I love when God surprises me with Himself before I even ask for Him. It's like He somehow knows what I need... :)

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful song! Especially struck by this line, in light of all that happened yesterday and this morning. "You've made a place for me." We believe that, Lord! And we are excited to see where You lead them.

    Love you Hauntie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... followed by "Leading me forth with peace
    Filled with Joy I will follow"...

    Peace He brought in abundance and Joy is the result as we move forward. My one prayer now is that He will keep us close in proximity...that we will remain true neighbors.

    ReplyDelete