Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Settled!

I am so glad that I took the time (listened to the internal motivation) and wrote down all my thoughts and struggles yesterday, because today all those struggles and questions were answered in the most clear way possible. Holy Spirit pushed me [yesterday] to blog so that I could have a black and white testimony to an honest struggle on one day ... and a clear answer the next. Had I not blogged when I felt that prompting (big lesson for me), I would have been documenting both the questions from yesterday and the answer from today and it would have been a little less powerful ... in my mind, anyway.

After blogging my guts out yesterday, an AC repairman came to the house and delivered the worst  - yet best for us - news that we could get. One system completely blown and the 2nd system just about there, but still has a few running parts that could be salvaged. Truly, with out $1000 minimum to put into trying to repair the 2nd system, we won't have AC anyway, so it equates to both systems being down and out for the count.

Anyway, God settled my heart that it really doesn't matter what's happened or why. The answer is:
  • HE alone provided a place for us for this past year, regardless of the integrity or intent of the owners. 
  • HE alone answered my plea from yesterday and clearly showed us that this is where we are not going to be living in the next season of our lives.
  • HE alone made a way - blown AC - to provide that answer before it was too late and we signed on for another year without heating or AC available ... and with a cost that would have partially been coming out of our pocket because of how the owners wrote our last lease.
He provided a home when one was needed last August. And He will provide again because He saw this coming long before we did.

I can now rest in total PEACE that my God has answered my plea. I am more settled now than I have been in the past six months, and that feels awesome! I don't care that we're moving. I don't care about the amount of work I'm going to have to put in over these next three (or so) weeks. I don't care that I don't know where we'll be living next month or that we'll now - for sure - be down to one car, again. I don't care that I don't have all the answers right now.

All I care about is that I have the answer that I NEED today. The rest will come as they need to...

1 comment: