Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Peace Revealed

In November and December of 2004 God brought me through an amazing process of discovering my 'Heavenly Name'. That journey alone was a remarkable one and so filled with God, but that's not what I'm here to record today. It's been over 2 years since the Lord revealed my name... Peace... but since then I've found myself questioning why Peace???? It wasn't until this past Sunday that God revealed His intention, His meaning, His purpose of His chosen name for me - and the Lord chose to reveal its significance through a simple statement born of a Sunday morning Bible study. This is it...

"Peace is a by-product of genuine conversation (prayer) with God".

(Peace: freedom from disquieting or oppressive thoughts or emotions.
By-product: a secondary and sometimes unexpected or unintended result.
Genuine: sincerely and honestly felt or experienced.)

As soon as this quote was said it was like God turned on a light switch for me - I had experienced an epiphany.

Webster defines epiphany as (1) : a usually sudden manifestation or perception of the essential nature or meaning of something (2) : an intuitive grasp of reality through something (as an event) usually simple and striking (3) : an illuminating discovery.

In a simple and striking moment I had complete understanding of my heavenly name.

Since I was in my early twenties I knew that my main gift from God was the gift of prayer. It's not that I pray 'better' than others or that God listens to me more intently, it's that this was the gift God had given me to be used in service for Him - it was my ministry.

For several years God has been developing that gift and has expanded His purpose for me by opening doors to take part in praying for deliverance for those seeking complete freedom in Christ. He has also opened the doors of the spiritual world and has allowed me the awesome opportunity to take part in battle against evil, against the enemy of this world, Satan.
In hindsight this shouldn't have been difficult to understand. My heavenly name and my ministry go hand in hand.

Peace is the result of prayer...

No comments:

Post a Comment