Tuesday, October 27, 2009

HIS Words [2]

"The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks." Luke 6:25



"Discerning the truth about someone is not judgment. We can recognize all manner of flaws, characteristics, habits, etc. and even accurately assess their condition. As long as our discernment is coupled with the heart of God toward that person, we have not slipped into judgment. Judgment is when you discern something about someone, and harden your heart because of and in response to what you discern. Now you have slipped into the sin of judgment. It will cripple you and it will shape your soul." [bob hamp blog]



My struggle this month has been in understanding truths about judgment, peacemaking and forgiveness...especially as it relates to one particular person.



Luke 6:45 is just one scripture that God spoke to me as it relates to these lessons.



This passage from a blog written by Bob Hamp summed up perfectly my struggle with judgment and helped me to see the significant difference between discernment and judgment.


3 comments:

  1. I wish I could just open my heart and show you all that's in there right now. JUDGEMENT is a huge question of mine right now. I've heard it argued about. I've seen it lived out. I'm wrestling with a revelation I feel will be very unpopular. But here you are, tapping into the same vein I am. Always, right? I mean, we learn lessons - separately - but together - all the time. Or, at the same time. Amazing connection you and I share, through the Holy Spirit!

    So today I will use these words to continue me in my journey until I come to the conclusion.

    P.S. There are moments when I honestly get angry about people not receiving you as I think they should. I wonder why you don't have 10,000 readers. But just know that even on days you only have an audience of 2 - me and Jesus - you are making a great impact with your gift. You change my life with your writings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friend, I have come to realize that numbers don't matter...except to me. It is my lesson in putting the pride of acknowledgment over the unknown and unseens ways words reach hearts without my knowledge. Numbers both encouraged me and offended me, in the beginning. Now, I just put His Words out there and I don't worry about numbers justifying His work.

    If I choose to allow the battle of my flesh to occur, then I am taking the chance that it will; therefore, I choose not to step into the ring at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That it will WIN...forgot that word.

    ReplyDelete